Here are some Residential moving tips from Fresh Start – The Moving Crew
- Plan ahead: Make a list of tasks that need to be done before the move and plan out when you will do them. This will help ensure that nothing gets forgotten and that you are prepared for the move.
- Declutter and downsize: Before the move, go through your belongings and get rid of anything that you no longer need or want. This will not only make the move easier, but it will also save you money on moving costs.
- Pack early: Don’t wait until the last minute to start packing. Start packing non-essential items well in advance of the move. This will help ensure that everything is packed in a organized manner and that nothing gets left behind.
- Label your boxes: Clearly label all of your boxes with the contents and the room it belongs in. This will make it easier to unpack and to ensure that your items get placed in the correct room in your new home.
- Hire professional movers: Hiring a full service moving company can save you a lot of time and effort. A moving company will handle the packing, loading, and transportation of your belongings, so you can focus on other aspects of the move.
- Make sure you understand the insurance options: If you are hiring a moving company, make sure you understand their insurance options and what they cover. This will ensure that your belongings are protected during the move.
- Make important documents and valuable easily accessible: Make sure you keep important documents and valuable items with you during the move. This includes things like passports, insurance papers, and jewelry.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, your bank, and other important organizations.
- Have essentials ready: Make sure you have a bag with essentials ready for the first night in the new house, like clothes, toiletries, phone charger etc.
- Take care of yourself: Moving can be stressful, so make sure you take time for yourself. Pack a bag of essentials for yourself and make sure you have time to relax and unwind before and after the move.
Benefits of Hiring a Residential Moving Company
If you are planning to move from your current home to another one, you should consider hiring a residential moving company. A moving company will be able to help you in a number of different ways. Not only will they be able to move your belongings to your new residence, they will also be able to make sure that they are moved in a way that will keep them free from damage.
Moving can be expensive and time consuming. A local move can cost as little as $350-$750 for a two bedroom apartment, while a full service move for a three-bedroom house can cost as much as $1,500. However, the cost of a move depends on many factors.
Choosing a reputable moving company can help you save money and time. They can also make the relocation process easier.
A moving truck rental costs anywhere from $50 to $2,000. Depending on the size of your moving truck, the price may be higher. In addition to the costs of a moving truck, you will need to cover the cost of gas and other travel fees. Also, you might need to pay for parking permits, insurance, and security deposits.
Most movers charge by the hour. Typically, a two-hour move will cost around $424, while a three-hour move will cost roughly $135. For a four-hour move, the average cost is $155-$275. The rate increases with the number of workers.
Some movers require a minimum fee. Others charge by the cubic foot of your furniture. Depending on the size of your items, you might need to pay extra for specialty items, such as pianos. Similarly, apartments with stairs might charge an additional fee.
Movers can also provide storage services. If you have a lot of furniture that you don’t need right away, a storage unit can be a good solution. Depending on the size of your unit, storage rates can range from $50 to several hundred dollars a month.
Professional movers can also pack and unpack your belongings. Packing services are available for as little as $270, or as much as $1,000.
A home owner moving his or her prized possessions around is no small feat. To save time and to avoid the potential snags that a well oiled moving machine can arouse, the wisest decision is to outsource the chore to the pros. Fortunately, there are several companies to choose from. Amongst them, Bailey’s Moving & Storage provides high-quality service at reasonable prices. In fact, you could find yourself in their capable hands in no time at all. If you are considering a move, don’t forget to give them a call. With more than three decades of experience behind them, you can expect nothing but the best. Plus, Bailey’s offers an excellent warranty and a no-hassle moving experience. You can also rest easy knowing that they are a licensed and insured company. So, make the smart move and put your best foot forward. The next time you’re considering a move, you’ll be glad you did. Whether you plan on relocating your domicile or relocating your business, Bailey’s Moving & Storage is the company you’ve been waiting for.
Ensure that all of your belongings remain damage-free
When it comes to choosing a moving company, you have to take your cue from the pros. Luckily, they are all too aware of the latest fads and tricks of the trade. This will go a long way towards reducing your stress levels. In turn, you can focus on the task at hand and lessen your chances of a mishap. Most moving companies are well equipped with the best movers and shakers in their respective fields, so if you do happen to run into trouble, you can rest assured that you will be on the fast track to a stress free relocation. One last piece of advice, never hire a moving company that you have not researched in depth. Not only will it save you money, it will make the whole experience far more enjoyable.
One of the more mundane tasks is making a list of what you’re looking to move and what you’re not. It’s also a good idea to keep a running tab on your movers and shakers, so you can better manage the situation should you encounter any last minute complications. For instance, some companies will charge you a fee to ship your furniture from their warehouse to your new digs.
Recruit friends and family to help
Recruiting your crew to perform a ten hour schlep to the other side of town is a big undertaking. However, the perks of having a mate or two at hand can make the experience a breeze. Thankfully, you don’t have to pay a fortune for this service. If you are a stickler, you may even be able to snag the services of a former employee. Having said that, there are plenty of options out there, so do your homework and research well before you sign on the dotted line. This will ensure that you get the best deal for your buck. You’ll also be rewarded with a snazzy new digs in no time. Hopefully, you’ll have a few jacks of all trades in your posse, and you’ll be the envy of the neighbors.
Full-service moving company
One of the biggest decisions you have to make when moving is whether to do it on your own or hire a full-service residential moving company. Having a professional handle the move saves you time and energy. They can also answer any questions you have about the process.
Moving is an experience that requires a lot of preparation. You may need to take days off work or change your schedule. This can be stressful. Packing your belongings can be difficult and take up a lot of time. If you have no experience packing, you can end up damaging your items.
Another major concern when moving is how to move heavy objects safely. Lifting awkward furniture can be dangerous. A mover can help you avoid these risks by ensuring that your items are securely packed. Also, a mover will be able to load and unload your items safely.
Hiring a professional moving company gives you the peace of mind you need to relax. Their experienced staff and professional tools will be able to get you settled in your new home quickly. With their help, you can be confident that no task will be left undone.
Many people prefer to use the services of a moving company instead of doing it themselves. The benefits of hiring a moving service are numerous. For one, a moving service is more affordable. Moreover, moving companies can provide storage facilities if you need them. Depending on the situation, you can rent a storage unit for a few weeks.
Another benefit of hiring a moving company is that they can provide all the packing materials you need. Having your own supplies can be expensive. Often, you have to buy packing materials in bulk. That can add up fast.